Monday, July 9, 2012

June 27, 2012


Another day is upon us and I ponder what challenges lie before me today.  No doubt there will be blessings and shalom bestowed on me while traversing the hours ahead.  I am truly blessed to know that I have a Father that cares so much for me and looks after my every need, regardless the smallness or greatness of them.  What I have come to learn is that He is always faithful.  Will there be abundance or will it be one “bite” at a time that He grants me?  Then the question bombards my mind, “What difference does it make?”  In actuality I need nothing more than one bite at a time to sustain me.  Has He promised giving us anything in abundance except LIFE?

There are circumstances facing me that must be dealt with involving finances I don’t have.  This has been going on for months now but for some reason He gets me through each day.  Does this mean I enjoy being in this predicament?  NO!  But, I also know that this requires me to trust all the more in Abba Father, so for that reason I take joy in the knowledge that He will take care of me.  The only requirement placed upon me is to walk in obedience to His ways.  As the scripture says, “Obedience is better than sacrifice.”

What about the other things I would like to have to make my life more comfortable?  I’m not talking about frivolity.  For instance I would like to have an upgrade on my video editing software that would be an enhancement to the work I must do, as well as simplifying the many tasks involved with editing.  Is this a real need?  Of course not, the current software I use is completely adequate.  That’s just one example.  What it boils down to is this:  my learning to walk in the ways of my Lord, trusting in Him in all things and giving Him praise and thanksgiving for all that He does for me.  Life can’t be any simpler than that.

There are other challenges before me that are not of a financial nature but having to do with interpersonal relationships.  Now this is even tougher for me to cope with as there are so many lessons that can be learned in this process.  The tough part is to understand what those lessons are.  What, if anything, must I change about myself to smooth the rough waters of relationship?  Maybe it’s simply to learn more patience, endurance, or understand how to walk in shalom when there’s turmoil surrounding me.  There again this becomes a trust issue that Abba Father will give me guidance and understanding.  I think you get the picture.
Have a blessed day and take hold of the challenges facing you.
Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment